Thursday, April 21, 2011

One Month From Now...

One month from now, the world will end as we know it.  Or at least Harold Camping thinks so.  That is such a crazy idea to ponder.  I mean, it's flat out crazy in and of itself, but what if you did know the world would end in one month?  What if you knew for certain that one month from now, God would fulfill His promise to unleash His full wrath upon the overwhelming majority of the world; those who could not manage to walk the narrow path and enter the narrow gate.

Walk into a crowded mall or supermarket.  Look around.  Consider that most of the people you see are going to be punish by God in a way such that no person has ever been punished.  Perhaps even you.

Camping and his followers must be walking a fine line between extreme anticipated bliss and dire mourning for all of the lost souls around them.  I imagine it must be something like being the only one on a 747 with an ejection seat and a parachute as it plummets to the ground due to engine failure.  Sure, you'll survive, but what about everybody else?

I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster those poor, misguided souls are on.

5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster those poor, misguided souls are on.

    Nor can I. Neither can I imagine how they will feel when they wake up on May 22. Some of them have sold everything they have and have given the money to the cause. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. At least they aren't "drinking the Kool-Aid" in preparation. Hopefully they will be able to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I'm not so sure people in these situations are mourning, in the truest sense of the word. I wonder if they actually switch off the emotional parts of themselves to continue on in this way. Becoming robots of a sort. Or possibly even gloating as their time awaits them and our fate awaits us. Finally, those evil people will get what's coming to them and we'll finally get our reward. Even so, Come Lord Jesus, Come.

    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe, from what I have heard on the Family Radio open forum show, it seems there is a whole spectrum of feelings, including people who do gloat that the sinners will finally get their due. Respectably, Mr. Camping reminds them that this should be a time of mourning. Even if he is wacko, at least he's got the right perspective on what is going to happen when Jesus shows up on Judgement Day. ;-)

    I just wish that so many were not tempted to believe him to the point of completely messing up their lives...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though never a gloater myself, I come from a gloating background, so I knew they were there. :-)

    ReplyDelete